Queries: PostgreSQL Simplified¶
Queries is a BSD licensed opinionated wrapper of the psycopg2 library for interacting with PostgreSQL.
The popular psycopg2 package is a full-featured python client. Unfortunately as a developer, you’re often repeating the same steps to get started with your applications that use it. Queries aims to reduce the complexity of psycopg2 while adding additional features to make writing PostgreSQL client applications both fast and easy.
Key features include:
- Simplified API
- Support of Python 2.7+ and 3.4+
- PyPy support via psycopg2cffi
- Asynchronous support for Tornado
- Connection information provided by URI
- Query results delivered as a generator based iterators
- Automatically registered data-type support for UUIDs, Unicode and Unicode Arrays
- Ability to directly access psycopg2
- Internal connection pooling
Queries can be installed via the Python Package Index and can be installed by running easy_install queries or pip install queries
When installing Queries,
easy_install will automatically install the proper
dependencies for your platform.